This project is read-only.

Hotkeys, Docking, WPF commands

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Hello. I have some problems and some good news

Making wpf commands enabled is is not obvius. This require fixing CanExecute method of WPFCommand - set manually to true. Othervise command tries to check its enability through routedcommand whicj tries to find unexisting command binding and resolve enability through it. Maybe we can possibly introduce some kind of event for checking

WPF command does not invoke any cab command at all. Everyhing is finished in ExecuteCore method of WPFCommand

Assigning hotkeys is wery tricky. I've wtitten hotkey service that creates KeyGestures, but assigned hotkeys does not work. We possibly need creating bindings to support hotkeys - I'm not a guru in WPF

Suggestions?

There are good news by the way. I have adopted AvalonDock docking solution to SCSF Contrib and already do have DockWorkspace working. I can give source code if developers need it.

Thanks, 
Kovdor.
Dec 9, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Guys. I've finished with implementing dockpanelworkspace (almost all does work expect several problems wiht initial width of deocked panels) using AvalonDock. Another one contribution I'd like to add is hotkeyservice and slightly modified CAB / WPF commands merging layer. This allows constructions like

_hotkeyService.AssignHotkey(openExplorerCommand, new Hotkey(ModifierKeys.None, Key.F8));

And this thing does work!

Please inform me if I can contribute my sources.

Thanks,
Kovdor
Apr 2, 2009 at 8:10 AM
Hi kovodor2,

It would be great if you can share your sources with us. We are trying something similar and it would be great if you can share your sources with us.

Regards,
Nagarajan B P