Updater Application Block 2.1 - Vista Power user; assembly signing

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:54 PM
Hi, I have been using Updater Application Block 2.0 and a week ago I downloaded UAB 2.1 trying to fix the non-admin user downloading problem.
UAB2.1 does work great at XP SP2 for both admin and power users. But the power users at Vista are experiencing the following exception:

ex.Message = "The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not logged on to the network. The specified service does not exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800704DD)"

ex.StackTrace = "   at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater.Downloaders.IBackgroundCopyJob.Cancel()
   at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater.Downloaders.BitsDownloader.OnJobError(UpdaterTask task, IBackgroundCopyJob pJob, IBackgroundCopyError pError, Exception ex)
   at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater.Downloaders.BitsDownloader.Download(UpdaterTask task, TimeSpan maxWaitTime)
   at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater.Downloader.DownloadManager.SubmitTask(UpdaterTask task, TimeSpan maxWaitTime)
   at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater.ApplicationUpdaterManager.Download(Manifest[] selectedManifests, TimeSpan maxWaitTime)"

Another thing I'd like to ask is that when I try to sign my updater app, I got comiling error saying my app's references "Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater" and "Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater.Downloaders" do not have strong names.

Thanks a  lot.