WPFCABShell Example

Mar 28, 2008 at 11:13 PM
Sorry if I'm being dense, but the sample described here http://www.codeplex.com/scsfcontrib/Wiki/View.aspx?title=WPF%2fCAB%20Shell does not appear to be in the samples folder of the 1.1 source archive. Could anyone direct me to it?

Cheers
Stephen
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2008 at 5:05 PM
Hi Stephen,

The WPF/CAB Shell is not part of 1.1. You'll need to download the latest code to get it (on the Source Code tab).

Regards,
Kent
Mar 31, 2008 at 6:45 AM
Thanks very much!
Apr 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM
I don't know if I should start a new thread for this, but I have a further question about the WPFCABShell OptionService.

Following the OptionsDemo project, I have managed to create my own OptionsPane for editing certain connection information used in a module. This appears to be working fine, the options are saved and reloaded when the application is started up a second time.

What I cannot figure out is how to retreive this information from a View in the same project. The idea being the OptionsPane allows the user to set the connection details, and the View reads that and connects to wherever it needs to. The OptionsService does not appear to expose anything to return information.

Further on from this, I delved into the SettingsService whilst the code was running, and when I open the OptionsPane, I can see that the settings information is placed into the SettingsService - but if I do not open the OptionsPane, then this information is not there!

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Stephen