Welcome to the Smart Client Contrib project
Smart Client Contrib is a community-developed library of extensions to the patterns & practices
Smart Client Software Factory
- If you are building custom tools and extensions and want to share them then SCSF Contrib will get it out to the masses.
- If you've got a great idea for new extensions than SCSF contrib is the place to find developers ready, willing, and able to make it happen.
- If you use SCSF/CAB within your org, then SCSF contrib is the place to find tools and extensions to add to your arsenal.
- If you want to connect with others who are pushing the bar on SCSF/CAB development, then SCSF is the place to be.
Smart Client contrib is about YOU
. With your
help we can make Smart Client Contrib a vibrant resource for Smart Client developers world-wide.
If you have any suggestions on additional extensibility points that you think we should provide please email
- (2008-04-17) SCSF Contrib Release 1.5.
Download it here!*
- New Features
- All solution and projects migrated to Visual Studio 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5.
- DockPanelWorkspace and FormWorkspace added to SCSFContrib.CompositeUI.WinForms project.
- Action Catalog Service added to SCSFContrib.Services project.
- Added Visual Studio templates and Installer for Trusted and Untrusted modules in the WPF/CAB Shell.
- New Samples
- BankTeller implementation using a pure WPF application.
- Demo Application with its Demo Script that provides step-by-step instructions to create a SC-SF application.
- OrdersManager application that demonstrates how to integrate the CAB and SC-SF with Windows Workflow Foundation.
- TestSuite reference application showing DockPanelWorkspace usage.
- WPF CAB Shell sample application (source code, libs and unit tests).
- (2008-03-07) New Application with Demo Script. The goal of this demo script is to help presenters give a presentation that illustrates the main aspects of SC-SF such as WorkItems, Commands, EventBroker, Services, Workspaces and the Dependency Injection
pattern. This demo stript provides step-by-step instructions to create a SCSF application -
What's in Smart Client Contrib?
The latest release of Smart Client Contrib contains the following functionality:
- WPFCAB - Full port of CAB to WPF. Supports pure WPF Shell, SmartParts and Workspaces.
- OutlookBar - CAB Outlook bar style workspace
- Bank Teller Quickstart - Full port of CAB Bank Teller Quickstart to SCSF May 2007 (including WPF support).
- WPF CAB Visualizer - CAB Visualizer using WPF.
- Orders Manager application - Workflow Foundation Integration with CAB and SCSF
- Action Catalog Service
index for information on how to use each of these extensions and components.
Contributing to SCSF Contrib
Would you like to join as a developer of the SCSF Contrib project to share your own extensions or improve the existing codebase? Great! Here is what you need to know
Other p&p Contrib Projects